Posters are one of the most powerful marketing tools to convey your message. They help you reach many people and generate interest in your brand or product. However, not all posters are created equal. Some posters attract attention because they look beautiful, while others fail to do so.
So before you opt for poster printing, make sure that it has some unique qualities that make it stand out among other similar ones. Here are essential poster qualities that will make your print have an impact on its viewers and make them connect emotionally with you.
Good Posters Stay for a Long Time in Memory
Today when you look at some posters, you realise that some are still in our minds. These posters have been a part of our lives for a long time. There is something about the way it was printed and presented. Some posters have become so popular that even today, people talk about them with respect and nostalgia.
The most important thing about these posters was the quality of their printing, design and presentation which made them stand out from other similar ones. The colours used on these posters were bright and eye-catching but not too bright to disturb the eyes during reading or studying. The fonts used were clear enough for easy reading without getting blurred or smudged under pressure from any angle of view where it might have been placed.
Deliver a Powerful Message
If you want your poster to touch people’s lives and stay in their minds for a long time, you must deliver a powerful message.
- You have a limited word limit; use them wisely by keeping things short and sweet. Use simple language that everyone can understand easily without any difficulty at all. And make sure that the core idea doesn’t get lost along the way.
- The message should be relevant to the audience. If your target audience is young college students from different countries around the Asia Pacific region, including Australia/New Zealand, who love travelling, they would love reading about what happened during one such journey. But if it was targeting CEOs of multinational companies who often travel between continents like Europe/North America/South America, then maybe not so much.
Know the Qualities of a Good Poster
A good poster is one that has all the qualities that are needed to make it impactful. Good posters have:
- A design that is appealing
- Images that are beautiful and make sense for the message of the poster
- A clear message which does not need more than two or three sentences for anyone to understand what it is about
- A short and powerful message (as long as this does not mean losing out on any important information)
The Images Have to Be Catchy
You may think your message is so powerful and impressive that people will not need any images to understand what you are trying to tell them. But the truth is, most of us have short attention spans. So, if a poster has too much text or complicated words, it will probably be difficult for people to comprehend it quickly. This makes impactful poster printing more critical than ever before because it helps convey your message at a glance. Images are more powerful than words and can convey much information in just one frame. They can also impact people emotionally, making them connect with your brand quickly and remember it for a long time.